TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Lets discuss..
People Seeking Info

Subject Lets discuss..

Posted by Cjw3 on June 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM
  This message has been viewed 175 times.

In Reply To Re: The trick is getting it all hooked up properly posted by Svt_troy on June 14, 2015 at 09:55 AM

Message Lets define 'Accurate'..

National Bureau of Standards holds the accuracy standards for the US.. You can purchase instruments and gauges that have paperwork trails back to the NBS if you need it.. If you are running a Dyno Company, then you might consider it..

Automotive applications are usually less accurate than industrial applications, and USUALLY cost less..

The only thing that is really necessary in MOST automotive situations is repeatability.

I'll explain..

If you have a Boost sensor that cost $50 and reads 2 bar as 2.1 bar.. but will ALWAYS read 2 bar as 2.1 bar, then you will tune around it and never know it.. So it is not accuriate, but it is repeatable..

If you have a $50 Boost Sensor that will sometimes read 2 Bar as 1.9 Bar.. and sometimes it reads 2 Bar as 2.1 bar.. then it's not accurate AND it's not repeatable.. and is no good..

We want repeatable.. and the $50 Gauge might fit the need..

If you can get a $200 Boost Gauge that is both accurate and repeatable, then that will also fill the need, but you will take a financial hit..

My experience has shown that MOST of the sensors I have run into ( industrial and limited Automotive ) in the last 20 or so years, are repeatable, and the less expensive ones will 'drift' over time..

I'd purchase the cheep one, and play around.. In my opinion, ALL installations should be double checked with different instruments to check for accuracy anyway..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.